I would like to congratulate the newly elected Thendara Board: Kevin Broderick, Hope Rogers, Mintari Preston, Darlene Rivais, Mike Savas, Andy Schlossberg, Bill Winter and Bill Lee. They will be running the club for next two years. Many thanks to our three departing board members; Peter Bobrow, Ana Castillo, Clare Kersten, and Cathy Veit. I expect we will still see you around, helping out! I would also like to thank you all for once again electing me to President.
Some of our vacant volunteer positions have been picked up by generous members, including Glen Nison, Margot Dorn, Herman Barrocales, Hector Cruz, Grace Valdes-Hexter and Kirk Barrett. I would love to add your name to the list. Check the remaining jobs available below.
A special thank you to Clare Kersten who has stepped up to be our new webmaster and established our new website at https://ThendaraMountainClub.wildapricot.org Please check it out, and keep in mind it is still a work in progress!
The Thendara Board has chosen an attorney to help us correct the issues with our incorporation and revise our bylaws. There will likely be changes to our bylaws that will need to be approved by the membership at the 2023 Annual Meeting so please keep an eye out for notices of our progress.
Please consider contributing just a small amount of your time to help keep our club running by volunteering for one of the positions below.
I hope to see you at camp,
Kathy Haake, TMC President
- Insurance liaison: connect with broker in August for October policy
- Smoke/CO2 detectors in lodge and bunkhouse: check monthly, replace as needed.
- Fire extinguishers: contact Campbell for annual inspection, self-inspect monthly.
- Hire contractors for large repairs: main rm window, boathouse roof
- Organize small repairs: gutter replacement, fire ring bench seat, sand & paint picnic tables
- Minor electric/plumbing
- Oversee outhouse pit cleaning
Host handbook revisions/waterfront safety plan updates
We are open to suggestions!